As much as I love eating out, I’m also a huge advocate on home cooking. However, as a young professional in a bustling city like London, it’s not always that easy to keep up with that. After a super long day of work and commute, doing grocery shopping and cooking is just not my priority. Being a technology hub, London has no lack of apps that offer services like deliveries and pick-ups. Despite all the competition, there’s one app that stood out to me – Quiqup.
*Disclaimer: this is a sponsored post by Quiqup and Hellmann’s collaboration.
What is Quiqup?
Quiqup is a quick and reliable delivery service that’s perfect for busy Londoners. The company works with a wide variety of retailers across London. You can use Quiqup to pick up your groceries, gifts, takeaway foods, clothes, flowers etc. and have them delivered straight to your door.
How is Quiqup different to other on-demand delivery services in London? The thing that stood out the most is that they aren’t tied to a specific retail vertical or size of partner.
I am genuinely impressed by the range of shops available to choose from on Quiqup. From big chains to independent gourmet shops to department stores, there’re so many venues to choose from. One thing I love is how the pick-up service is not only limited to a small local area. For the area they cover and the vast variety of shops, this is certainly worth it.
Recently, Hellmann’s has partnered up with Quiqup by featuring a number of delicious recipes. These recipes highlight the vast range of sauces and condiments that Hellmann’s has to offer to help create scrumptious meals at home.
Pick your Hellmann’s recipe on the Quiqup page and you can get all the ingredients sorted for you with just one click on the website. This is just unbelievably convenient! I’m also not just limited to one retailer and can add in other products and errands that I needed to be taken care of.
Among all those recipes from Hellmann’s, I decided to go for the Magic Fish Skewers.
Quiqup picked up all my ingredients from Tescos – absolutely hands-free on my end! My carrier was really nice to inform me that the Tescos in the area didn’t have fresh rosemary and kindly spent extra effort to find it at other grocery shops for me. He kept me updated the whole time and was committed to getting everything on the list for me. Everything was delivered straight to my door with a big warm smile.
In the shopping bag, I’ve got all the ingredients listed on Hellmann’s recipe:
- Salmon fillets
- Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to Make:
- Cube up the salmon fillets and marinate them for 15 minutes with a tablespoon each of olive oil, black pepper, chopped rosemary & parsley,
- In the meantime, using a knife, sharpen the thicker end of a rosemary stem to use as a skewer.
- In a bowl, mix a massive dollop of Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise with lemon zest (I added a pinch of chilli flakes and cayenne pepper too for personal taste)
- After the 15-minute marination, thread the cubed salmon onto the rosemary stem.
- Pop the skewers onto the barbecue / pan-fry for about 10 minutes until the salmon can easily flake and start to release its oils.
- Serve immediately with the lemon Mayonnaise.
Ta-da, I just can’t believe how convenient all this had been! I literally didn’t have to spend any brainpower and effort on this one. Just a mere click on Quiqup website’s featured recipes and everything’s taken care of. Hellmann’s recipes are easy to follow as well so my evening couldn’t have gone any easier. Not only do I get to satisfy my desire for fresh home-cooked food, I even learnt this new trick of using the rosemary stem as a skewer! Utilising the stem definitely helps to add an extra boost of flavours as well. This dish tasted super clean and honestly couldn’t be more perfect.
I really recommend you guys to check this out as well and let me know how it goes!
Hellmann’s Rosemary Fish Skewers Recipe
- 260 g Salmon Fillets cubed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 4 stalks Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley Leaves chopped
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- A pinch of Red Chilli Flakes optional
- Shred the rosemary off the stems. Keep the stems for later use.
- Toss together cubed salmon fillets with olive oil, black pepper, rosemary leaves and chopped parsley leaves. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise with lemon zest.
- Using a knife, sharpen the thicker end of a rosemary stem to use as a skewer. Thread the cubed salmon onto the rosemary stem after marination.
- Pop the skewers onto the barbecue/pan-fry for about 10 minutes until the salmon can easily flake and start to release its oils. Serve immediately with the lemon mayonnaise.