A simple no-alcohol Tiramisu recipe, using just whipped cream, mascarpone cheese, coffee, sugar, vanilla, and ladyfingers. Easy and quick to make so you can indulge in this incredibly rich, delicate, and creamy coffee-flavoured cake in no time!
Only if more Tiramisu cakes at restaurants and cafes are non-alcoholic, I would definitely be eating all my weight with it! But thankfully, a Tiramisu is actually very easy to make at home. Who needs to go out for desserts when you can quickly whip up this easy Tiramisu recipe without alcohol at home!?
A Tiramisu is surprisingly easy to make. It’s basically just about layering up the cake. You don’t even need to bake the cake. All you need is to use Lady Fingers to create the sponge, and then layer it up with whipped mascarpone cream.
How to make Tiramisu without alcohol
- Lady Fingers/Sponge Fingers – for the sponge layer
- Coffee – for the lady fingers/sponge fingers to create the sponge
- Mascarpone Cheese, Heavy Cream, Sugar, Vanilla Extract – for making the creamy layer
- Cocoa Powder – for dusting on top
Most Tiramisu recipes you find online will tell you to use Savoiardi Lady Fingers. However, don’t panic if you couldn’t find them at your local supermarket. You can use Sponge Fingers instead which is more common in the UK. Lady Fingers/Sponge Fingers are a type of biscuit that soaks up liquid and create a spongey cake-like texture. They’re called Lady Fingers because, well, they are shaped thinly like a lady’s fingers!
Anyway, Lady Fingers are a key ingredient when it comes to making a Tiramisu. You dip the Lady Fingers into a cup of coffee, and the Lady Fingers then soak up the coffee and transform into a coffee-flavoured sponge for the Tiramisu recipe. Remember to only dip the biscuit into the coffee instead of fully soaking it – it gets really soggy otherwise and won’t be able to hold up its shape.
As for the creamy layers, the cream is made with a blend of whipped double cream and mascarpone cheese, along with sugar and vanilla extract.
Now, all there’s left to do is layer up with the coffee-dipped Lady Fingers and the mascarpone cream. Once you’re done, put it into the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. When you’re ready, dust the top with cocoa powder before you serve. If you fancy, why not add some shaved chocolate as topping as well!
Want more easy dessert recipe inspo? Check these out too:
Easy No Alcohol Tiramisu
- 175 g Sponge Fingers / Lady Fingers
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 250 g Mascarpone Cheese
- 150 g White Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Coffee cooled down
- Cocoa Powder for dusting & decoration
- Whisk Double Cream and Sugar until stiffened.
- Fold in Mascarpone Cheese. Then add in Vanilla Extract.
- Dip the Sponge Fingers / Lady Fingers into the cooled-down Coffee (not soaked) and layer them onto the bottom of the cake tin.
- Once the cake tin is fully layered with the dipped Lady Fingers, top it with the cream mixture. Repeat until the layers fill up your tin.
- Put into the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
- Savoiardi Lady Fingers are the most common biscuit used for making Tiramisu. If you can’t find them, especially in the UK, you can use Sponge Fingers instead.
- Dip the lady/sponge fingers into the coffee but do not allow it to soak in it. A quick dip is enough for the biscuit to absorb the liquid and transform into a sponge cake-like texture. Fully soaking it will result in a soggy texture and it won’t hold its shape.
Save & pin this recipe!