You can’t really go wrong using the ‘Holy Trinity’ of Chinese cooking, i.e. ginger, garlic and spring onions. Once you got your hands on them, you can basically stir-fry it with anything super quick and it is guaranteed to taste delicious. That’s why every Chinese household always keeps these three in the kitchen. This Ginger Garlic Seafood Stir Fry recipe features the use of these three ingredients and mixed seafood (frozen packs will do). It is super quick to whip up and you can serve it either with a steaming bowl of Jasmine rice or as a noodle topping. The dish features a savoury touch of flavours and is very versatile to different serving combinations.
How to make Ginger Garlic Seafood Stir Fry
- Mixed Seafood (frozen packs are fine, defrost before use)
- Ginger (sliced)
- Garlic (sliced)
- Red Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Fish Sauce
- Light Soy Sauce
- Dark Soy Sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Spring Onions, sliced
- Cooking oil
- Sesame oil
Heat cooking oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry ginger, garlic and red chilli flakes for 1-2 minutes. The high heat of the wok should be just about to slightly char both ginger and garlic, and release its fragrance.
Next, add in the mixed seafood and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
Season with fish sauce, and both light and dark soy sauces. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes until evenly mixed. Season with salt if you feel it needs more flavouring.
Toss in the sliced spring onions. Stir-fry for about a minute until the spring onions just begin to wilt. Serve immediately.
Quick Ginger Garlic Seafood Stir-Fry
- 250 g Frozen Mixed Seafood defrost
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1.5-2 inch Ginger sliced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes optional
- ½ tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 stalks Spring Onions sliced
- Salt to taste
- Heat cooking oil in a wok over high heat. Add ginger, garlic, and red chilli flakes. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and slightly charred.
- Next, add in seafood and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce, light soy sauce, and dark soy sauce. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add salt to taste if it still needs flavouring.
- Toss in sliced spring onions. Stir-fry for another minute until the spring onions just begin to wilt. Serve immediately.
- Frozen mixed seafood is used in this recipe. Defrost before cooking.
- Red chilli flakes can be opted out if you don’t want any spice in the dish. Alternatively, if you fancy more heat to the dish, add more to raise the spice levels.
Check out other Asian recipes
A simple chicken wings recipe can do no wrong, especially with a good touch of tang and a subtle kick of spice playing around the …
I remember these family summer holidays in Thailand, stepping through the hotel lobby and be greeted with this ice-cold sweet tea that’s incredibly refreshing against …