Let me give you a quick low-down of this recipe. It’s a jazzed-up instant ramen recipe using the delicious Korean Shin Ramen. But the best part is that you don’t even need a cooking pot for this, nor the hob. One bowl is all you need and a microwave to cook up this Spicy Cheese Shin Ramen recipe. This recipe is originally created in collaboration with Toshiba Lifestyle UK on Instagram.
Shin Ramen is probably the most popular instant noodle out there globally. Not only is it super tasty, but it’s also very versatile to “pimp up” and turn into a proper-looking noodle dish. Growing up, one of the most popular toppings is cheese, which adds a creamy touch to the spicy soup, and sometimes adding egg drops too. This is a similar take on the combo but instead of a noodle soup, it’s more of a spicy creamy sauce mixed with noodles. Also, it only takes up 5 minutes of your time and you don’t even need to turn on the hob or use a pot – that’s a huge bonus if you ask me! It may not be the most visually appealing, but I promise you it’s a delicious one.
How to Make Cheese Shin Ramen in a Microwave
The essential idea of this recipe is to have just enough water to cook the noodles in the microwave. Then you add your toppings and cheese to further cook in the microwave until the cheese starts to melt. Simply mix it, and you’ll get a creamy sauce! I also love to crack an egg into it as well and “poach” it in the microwave. To achieve that, make sure you cover the bowl after adding the egg to cook in the microwave. If you need any visual guidance, I’ve also included a short video at the bottom of the recipe card.
List of Ingredients
- Shin Ramen – including the soup seasoning and dried vegetables
- Water – warm/hot water preferred
- American Cheese Slices
- Seafood Sticks – for topping. Feel free to switch it up and add anything like sausages, ham/turkey rashers, leftover shredded chicken, etc.
- Scallions – for garnish
Microwave Spicy Cheese Shin Ramen Noodle Bowl
- 1 pack Shin Ramen
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 2 slices American Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 2 Seafood Sticks or any other toppings you like
- Scallions for garnish
- Place uncooked Shin Ramyun instant ramen into a microwavable bowl. Add the seasoning packet and dried toppings.
- Pour just enough water to cover the ramen. Microwave for 2 minutes 30 seconds until the noodles are halfway cooked.
- Top with chopped seafood stick or any other topping you like. Make a small well at the centre of the bowl and crack an egg.
- Half the American cheese slices and layer on top of the noodles (do not cover the egg).
- Cover and cook in the microwave for another 2 minutes & 30 seconds until the egg has been cooked and the cheese melted.
- Garnish with chopped scallions. Mix everything until creamy and enjoy!
Save & pin this recipe!