Just completely zero fuss, this Tandoori Salmon recipe is one to keep on the books when you need the quickest and easiest dish to whip up. Essentially, you mix together a couple of pantry-ready spices to form a spice rub paste, then rub it all over the salmon fillets, allow to marinate just a little before popping it into the oven to cook. Fish cooks fairly quick so you literally can have this ready in no time.
The flavours of this tandoori salmon are fantastic. It carries a nice sharp punch of flavours – piquant, tangy and spicy – basically a little flavour party on your palate! To serve, I’d recommend a side of Air Fryer Gunpowder Potatoes or a hefty tray of pilau rice, plus some refreshing salad would make a simple yet very satisfying weeknight dinner.
How to make Tandoori Salmon
- Turmeric Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Chilli Flakes
- Chilli Powder
- Tandoori Masala Powder
- Lemon/Lime Juice
- Cooking Oil
30 minutes is a good amount of time to marinate the salmon fillets. Do not over-marinate as the acid, i.e. lemon/lime juice for this recipe, will start breaking down the fish and you will end up with mushy fish which is yikes!
Depending on the thickness of your salmon fillets, cooking times may vary a little. Generally, I’d say the standard salmon fillets you get in the supermarket would take no more than 10-15 minutes to cook through in the oven at 200C. You can also try pan-frying the salmon fillets, or even in an air fryer!
Last but not least, don’t forget to give the tandoori salmon fillets an extra squeeze of lime and garnish it with some fresh coriander leaves.
You can also try other types of fish for the recipe. Alternatives include cod, pollock, trout, halibut, etc.
Tandoori Masala Salmon Recipe
- 240 g Salmon Fillets
- Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnish, roughly chopped
- Lime Wedges for garnish
Tandoori Spice Rub:
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½-1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Lime/Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- Mix all the spice rub ingredients together. Rub all over the salmon fillets. Marinate for 20 minutes.1 tsp Turmeric Powder, 2 tsp Cumin Powder, 1 tsp Chilli Flakes, ½-1 tsp Chilli Powder, 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala, 1-2 tbsp Oil, 2 tbsp Lime/Lemon Juice, 1 tsp Salt, 240 g Salmon Fillets
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place marinated fillets onto a lined baking tray. Bake for around 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime.Fresh Coriander Leaves, Lime Wedges
- Do not marinate the salmon fillets for more than 30 mins. The acid (i.e the lime/lemon juice) would start breaking down the fish and result in a mushy texture if over-marinated.
- Adjust the amount of chilli powder used according to your desired spice level.
- You can use other types of fish for the recipe. Alternatives include cod, pollock, trout, halibut, etc.
Save & pin this recipe