It only takes one swift of truffle aroma to get me salivating immensely. Truffles release such a deep earthy flavour that enhances almost any dish. So I was absolutely thrilled when my dad passed me a jar of Black Truffle Paste. It’s probably a present from some family friend. But basically, my dad doesn’t really know how to cook with Black Truffle Paste, and so he brought it over to me when he flew over to London to visit. Immediately my brain started working through numerous ideas. I must admit it sounded slightly daunting at first. Truffle just sounds posh and fancy, so I want to make sure I’m not wasting any drop of it. I guess the key is to keep the dish simple and let the truffle itself shine. And that’s when I stuck with my trusty pasta ideas and came up with this Truffle Mushroom Mascarpone Pasta dish.
Truffle Mushroom Mascarpone Pasta Recipe
The pasta dish features a simple combo with mushroom and mascarpone cheese. Truffles are a type of fungus, so they pair impeccably with mushrooms. I used mascarpone cheese to make the sauce as mascarpone is light enough to not overpower the truffles.
If you’re feeling fancy, feel free to top it off with some Black Truffle Slices!
Truffle Mushroom Mascarpone Pasta
- 250 g Tagliatelle or Fettucine Pasta
- 1 tbsp Truffle Paste
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 175 g Mascarpone
- 200 g Mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Chilli Flakes optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grated Italian Hard Cheese for serving
- Black Truffle Slices optional, for topping
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package instructions in salted boiling water. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat and stir in garlic and chilli flakes. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and cook until soft. Season with salt & pepper.
- Stir in Truffle Paste and cook until fragrant.
- Mix in mascarpone and pasta water. Stir to make into sauce.
- Lower the heat, add in pasta and Parmesan cheese. Toss and combine. Top with more Parmesan cheese and black truffle slices. Serve immediately.