Need a quick & easy 20-minute pasta recipe? Then you’re at the right place! This Creamy Lemon & Peas Pasta recipe is your answer for a busy weeknight dinner. It only requires the most basic pantry items and takes no more than a maximum of 20 minutes from start to finish. The dish is simple to make but is perfectly hearty and delicious to taste. You have the peas as greens and a touch of lemon to lighten up and add a refreshing edge against the savoury-flavoured cream sauce. It is great to serve on its own with some garlic bread, or it pairs perfectly well with some simple grilled fish or chicken/other main dishes too. The bottom line is that this recipe should be in everyone’s repertoire. When in doubt, just go grab these standard ingredients you already have at home to make this Creamy Lemon & Peas Pasta!
How to make Creamy Lemon & Pea Pasta
- Peas – frozen peas are fine
- Pasta – Spaghetti
- Garlic, Onion/Shallots – the aromatics
- Chilli Flakes – optional
- Dried Thyme, Salt & Black Pepper – seasonings
- Lemon – zest & juice
- Chicken Broth
- Always reserve your pasta water. Pasta water helps to add a luxurious silky touch to the sauce and helps it bind together with the pasta. Furthermore, the pasta water also lends a touch of salty flavour to the dish.
- Compared to onions, shallots carry a sweeter and more delicate flavour. But the two can be used interchangeably in this recipe depending on what’s already available in your kitchen.
- There is no real difference between using fresh peas versus frozen peas. This includes both flavour and nutrition-wise. So, again, simply use whatever you already have available in your kitchen. Most likely, you’ll have some frozen peas stored up in your freezer and can simply take some out to make this peas pasta recipe.
Creamy Lemon & Pea Pasta
- 220 g Spaghetti
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes optional
- ½ large Onion
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- A pinch of Salt to taste
- ⅓ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- ½ cup Double Cream
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season it generously with salt and cook pasta according to pasta instructions. Reserve about ½-1 cup of pasta water to use for cooking later.220 g Spaghetti
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute garlic and chilli flakes (if using) for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.1-2 tbsp Olive Oil, 2-3 cloves Garlic, 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Add in the chopped onions and saute for about 5 minutes until golden.½ large Onion
- Season with dried thyme and a pinch of salt. Deglaze with chicken broth and let bubble until reduced.1 tsp Dried Thyme, ⅓ cup Chicken Broth, A pinch of Salt
- Add in frozen peas. Saute for another 4-5 minutes until the peas are heated through.1 cup Frozen Peas
- Add in lemon zest and stir in the double cream.1 Lemon, ½ cup Double Cream
- Toss in cooked pasta along with ½ cup of reserved pasta water until combined.
- Mix in lemon juice and serve immediately.
Save & pin this recipe