Nothing can possibly go wrong with Nutella. As such, you definitely can’t go wrong with a 3-ingredient Nutella Milkshake! Whether you’re looking for a quick but indulgent iced drink to cope with the summer heat or just generally in a naughty mood for a burger-and-shake type of day, this Nutella Milkshake recipe is the perfect indulgence to whip up. It literally only takes a quick minute to make and, as already mentioned, just 3 ingredients.
Why You’ll Love This 3-Ingredient Nutella Milkshake Recipe
It’s rich & creamy in texture, and features the most irresistible chocolate & hazelnut flavours – what is there not to love?! It’s amazing as it is but if you want to make it the best of the best, get your hands on some high-quality ice cream/gelato and it’ll truly be a game-changer. I adore using Badiani’s gelato, a.k.a my favourite ice cream/gelato parlour in London, and it offers this phenomenally extra silky creaminess to the milkshake.
Ice Cream vs Gelato
Is there a difference between using ice cream or gelato in a milkshake? Yes, but only rather subtle ones in this context. In terms of texture, ice cream has more air pockets, hence icier; whereas gelato is smoother & denser from the slow-churning process, hence creamier. As a result, using gelato tends to give you a silkier mouthfeel and a slightly softer texture. Additionally, from a nutrition point of view, ice cream typically has between 10-20 % fat content, while gelato has only 8% or less. You can arguably say it’s a teeny bit “healthier” to use gelato over ice cream, I suppose. It’s all down to your own personal preference and what’s available to you!
How to make a Nutella Milkshake with just 3 Ingredients
Ingredients You Need
- Nutella spread
- Vanilla ice cream/gelato
- Full-fat milk
Optional: whipped cream for decoration
You’ll Also Need…
A good durable high-speed blender!
Recipe Tips for Making the Best Nutella Milkshake
- The texture of a milkshake is completely down to the ice cream and milk ratios. If you prefer a thinner milkshake, simply add more milk. Vice versa, less milk and more ice cream if you prefer it thicker. The brand of ice cream you use may play a small part in the texture as well so do have a play around the ratios as you make this recipe.
- As mentioned, you may use gelato to make the milkshake, which could yield a silkier mouthfeel.
- Feel free to use different ice cream flavours but vanilla is the best, in my opinion, as the foundation and gives you more control over the flavour & sweetness.
3-ingredient Nutella Milkshake
- 1 Blender
- 4 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream / Gelato
- 3 heaped tbsp Nutella
- ½ cup Full-fat Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Place all the milkshake ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth & combined.4 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream / Gelato, 3 heaped tbsp Nutella, ½ cup Full-fat Milk
- Pour it into a serving glass. If you like, top with whipped cream and serve!Whipped Cream
- You may use either ice cream or gelato for the milkshake recipe. Gelato would yield a silkier mouthfeel due to its creamier nature.
- The texture of a milkshake is completely down to the ice cream and milk ratios. If you prefer a thinner milkshake, simply add more milk. Vice versa, less milk and more ice cream if you prefer it thicker.
- Using vanilla ice cream is a great starting base and gives you more control over the flavour & sweetness. You are free to experiment with different flavours though!
Save & pin this recipe!