What is Gochujang?
Spicy Korean Gochujang Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 lb Chicken Wings / Drumsticks / Thighs
- 2 tbsp Vegetable / Sunflower Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Daesang Korean Chili Paste (Gochujang)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1-inch piece Ginger (peeled and minced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Scallions (optional)
- First make the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together. Whisk to make sure the Gochujang is completely dissolved.
- Score chicken drumsticks / thighs and marinate them for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Bake the chicken for about 20-30 minutes until cooked through. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
For more Asian recipes, check out here